3 Axis LED Blinking Non-stop?

All types of topics and discussions can be found here.

3 Axis LED Blinking Non-stop?

Postby arcadiax » Mon Jun 20, 2016 1:17 am

Hi everyone,

I have a slight issue that I am unsure on how to approach in solving.

I posted just a little while ago regarding having purchased a new 12 x 12 machine with arduino and having just assembled it and everything. After assembly and installing the softwares and testing out the axis (Haven't gotten to the spindle yet), it all jotted around fine.

Usually, I understand, when the machine is just powered on, the 3 LED will come on along with some sound - I guess checking, preliminary steps. It would do this while blinking for about a minute before stopping.

Today, while I was working beside the CNC machine, while it was not in use I noticed the 3 LED began blinking by itself despite me not having disengaged the power supply etc. It kept blinking non stop for a good while so I pulled the plug on it and plugged it back in however that did not fix it as it just kept blinking.

This machine has not been in use yet except for some very early axis movement tests by hand jotting.

Does anyone know what this may be about? I also tried restarting my computer, unplugging the power supply than the usb than reverse plugging everything before booting my system up again but the non-stop blinking still persists?

Thanks, any help deeply appreciated...

- Steven
- Steven, the Skywalker
arcadiax
Normal User

Zen Model: Zen 1212

Re: 3 Axis LED Blinking Non-stop?

Postby arcadiax » Thu Jul 07, 2016 4:04 pm

Ok, it's been a couple weeks and I want to give an update. An unexpected but unassuming solution.

So this is just being posted for anyone who may encounter a similar problem in the future to this OP.

Although I have not had time nor knowledge to insert any potential Gcode to rectify the blinking LED issue, as recommended by Xin, who I have been trying to find but can not really find lol...

The flashing LEd stopped today after I replaced my Dual Core (Old CPU) with Quad Core. I was not originally planning for this to stop the blinking LED, as I just wanted to upgrade the computer that controlled my CNC.

So, after installing the new CPU, the LED stopped flashing and booted up normally - flashing for just under a minute before stopping like before.

To my surprise, and hope, it solved this initial problem.

I do not know if the problem will reoccur and I certainly hope it does not.

So for anyone who encounters this problem, maybe a simple hardware upgrade is what was needed although I am not truly sure if that was the issue as I have heard people run CNC machines on archaic, old PCs.
- Steven, the Skywalker
arcadiax
Normal User

Zen Model: Zen 1212

Return to General Discussions

x