lasers

Projects and Source files that are created to extend the Zen Toolworks DIY CNC machines.
Forum rules
Each topic should consist of 1 single project and should contain at the very least 3 items:
  1. Picture showing the completed project
  2. Description of what it is and/or does
  3. Downloadable GCode in common format as a downloadable file (these forums support file uploads for this)

lasers

Postby temptat » Tue Nov 03, 2015 9:06 pm

I noticed the addition of laser to cnc. Where/how can I find out more about this. I had purchased an "El Cheapo" laser months ago (still in the box), before I saw the one you guys are offering. I need to know about software (non-arduino) to run this . Is there an addition to VectricAspire that can be used? Any suggestions?
Thanks
temptat
New User

Zen Model: Zen 1212

Re: lasers

Postby bluemax » Thu Mar 10, 2016 11:07 am

I can't help a lot with your questions because I have the zen laser and am using the arduino board for the laser and a mach 3 breakout board to do milling.I run it through a set of switches to go from one to the other. The arduino package works nice for doing laser etching of photos. The mach 3 is better for milling. I use pic sender and pic laser lite for doing the pictures. For vector drawing I use inkscape ( free) which works really well with the J tech laser or Art Cam Express which is very good for milling. Art cam also has a function for converting any of your designs into a bitmap. See J tech website for a lot of good info. One final comment. Working with the people From Zen ( BJ) and J tech (Jay) is a real pleasure and advantage. You don't get that kind of support from china. No matter your capabilities they will get you to success.
bluemax
Normal User

Return to Zen Compatible Project Archive

x