Pronterface will not connect to Zen Sanguinololu

Here is a place we can talk about using ZTW CNC platform for 3D printing. Your experience with software setup, configuration for different type of filament and etc.

Pronterface will not connect to Zen Sanguinololu

Postby ktech162 » Tue Sep 17, 2013 5:49 am

I recently bought one of the Sanguinololu boards assembled from Zen. I followed the wiki instructions 3D_Printing_Using_Zen_Toolworks_CNC. The Sanguinololu has the ATMEGA1284P chip. The COM port was found and I loaded the Marlin firmware successfully as the instructions showed. When I try to connect with Pronterface like the instructions show then all I get is Connecting... . I wondered if it was the wrong firmware so I loaded the 8mhz and 16mhz versions of the 1284P with the same result. I set the com port to 3 as when I flashed the firmware and the baudrate was 115200. Does anyone know which firmware I should be using( the 8 or 16 mhz) for the 1284P chip? Also does anyone have an idea why I am getting Connecting and not Connected constantly in Pronterface?
ktech162
New User

Zen Model: Zen 0707

Re: Pronterface will not connect to Zen Sanguinololu

Postby Xin » Thu Sep 26, 2013 11:26 pm

Hi, When you upload the firmware (Marlin), do you get any error message in the status window? There shouldn't be any orange color message show up there if the upload is successful.

Thank you

Xin
zentoolworks@gmail.com
Xin
Zen Toolworks Official

Zen Model: More than one

Return to 3D Printing with ZTW Filament and CNC

x