Temperature and speed?

Temperature and speed?

Postby fsalwin » Mon Nov 03, 2014 2:47 am

Anyone had any success? What temperatures and speeds are you printing at?

Currently printing at 235 and 60mm/min and it is very spotty. It seems to be extruding inconsistently rather than an extruder issue. It looks as though it should be able to extrude at a much lower temperature, but I was having much spottier results at low temperatures. If I push on the filament I can create a blob. I think that the hobbled bolt just isn't getting a good purchase on the filament.
fsalwin
Normal User

Zen Model: None or Other

Re: Temperature and speed?

Postby bjmxr88 » Thu Nov 06, 2014 12:13 pm

It does sound like your drive gear is not getting enough grip. Is it a spring loaded system to apply consistant pressure on the filament? Because of your situation, you might consider slowing down the print speeds to 35-40mm/sec. With that, you may consider dropping the temp a bit on the nozzle.
bjmxr88
Normal User

Re: Temperature and speed?

Postby fsalwin » Mon Nov 10, 2014 8:12 pm

Thanks, I did end up dropping to 180, like my PLA. My PLA was having extrusion issues too, and it was recommended that I loosen the screw holding the lever which tensions the bearing the filament rubs against. It could be that the filament was rubbing along the side of the bearing instead of making a good contact, or it could be that the hobbed pulley is too wide for the squashy flexible filament and doesn't constrain it well enough.
fsalwin
Normal User

Return to Zen Toolworks New Flexible Filament

x