Now Available: 7x7 3D Printer Conversion Kit!

Informational news alerts about Zen Toolworks will be posted on this forum.

Re: Now Available: 7x7 3D Printer Conversion Kit!

Postby mobious » Sun Apr 10, 2011 10:09 pm

hi i am new to this forum, i was just wondering where the 4th axis in the photo for this kit was sourced from as i am interested in getting one, any help would be great.
mobious

Zen Model: Zen 0707

Postby calexander » Wed Apr 13, 2011 1:12 pm

I'm sorry for the confusion, but there is no forth axis in the photo.

The conversion kit adjusts the height and clearance of the Z-Axis for folks to add a 3DP extruder to it.
calexander
Zen Toolworks Official

Zen Model: More than one
Other CNC Info: 0707 1212 3DP

Postby roller » Thu Apr 14, 2011 9:22 am

Clint there is a forth axis in the photo (clearly visible in the full 3D printer model store photo - not the 3D printer upgrade kit photo) and the matching description on the site also states:

This kit can also been used if you want to add a 4th axis to your CNC project. The clearance under the gantry will allow you to put a rotary axis and tail stock under the cutter. Please see the 4th Axis (Not Included) installed on working table.

I know Xin doesn't currently sell a 4th axis but I think mobious was hoping to discover where one like the picture might be obtained.
roller
Forum Moderator

Zen Model: Zen 0712 (Ext. Mod)

Postby calexander » Thu Apr 14, 2011 10:43 am

Ohhh. Thanks, roller.
I referenced the photo on the news post. So, as I said - sorry for the confusion -- on my part... ;)
(you guys have to be sick of me making these mistakes by now, huh? I feel bad.)

But, I know this -- supplying a 4th axis in kits is a development effort that is at the top of the list. But so are about 3-4 other efforts so I'm not sure which will be making their debut first. It probably won't look like the one in the picture. But in the meantime, you could search eBay or Google for a rotary axis motor. You can also use a Nema or other make and model to build one custom to your needs, just don't forget to pickup the right motor mounts and a general spring-loaded tailstock.
calexander
Zen Toolworks Official

Zen Model: More than one
Other CNC Info: 0707 1212 3DP

Postby mobious » Fri Apr 29, 2011 1:47 am

thanks for the help.. i hope that zentoolworks can develope a 4th axis kit that would fit the hobbyprice range because after much searching it appears as though most 4th axis systems cost as much if not more then the whole 7`x 7` kit put together... hence my question as to where and how much the pictured axis set up was sourced from or what parts to look for....
I would just like to add what an amazing kit it is by the way... :)
mobious

Zen Model: Zen 0707

Previous

Return to News & Announcements

x