Forum Profile Fields Added

Informational news alerts about Zen Toolworks will be posted on this forum.

Forum Profile Fields Added

Postby calexander » Fri Mar 11, 2011 4:03 am

Okay CNC'ers, we have more forum "fluff" available to everyone.

I configured two new fields that will be available in each user's profile. Please update them as soon as you can and lets see how much they help out.

The new fields are:

Zen CNC Model : (Menu|Required) Select which CNC model you have. If you don't have one, you can select None or Other if you have a different model

Other CNC Info: (Text|Optional) Those who selected "Other" can type the model name of the CNC system used. This always helps other users in many ways, such as find popular brands or better yet - answer questions more accurately knowing what system is actually used. Additionally, the field title was selected so that those who use Zen models can use this field as well, to add additional information such as "12in Ext. | 3D Printer Attchmnt" (short-hand info).

These fields will be available to set/change at the bottom of your User Control Panel -> Profile. It will also appear in the Registration page for the new users to select.

I marked the Zen CNC Model as a required field so that people who are already registered won't miss setting the option when they save their profile again. I am still debating this because I don't like requiring anything, even temporary, other than a username, password and contact email. But it might need to be a temporary requirement for just a few weeks. I would like to hear your opinion on the matter if you have one.

I hope this will be useful in some small part. I happened to think about and wish there was one while I was replying to a post. So, the whole thing sounded like a good idea at the time... But I would like to hear feedback if it becomes problematic in any way or just a waste of space. I always count on your honesty and constructive criticism to help make these forums the best it can be for the Zen network. :)
calexander
Zen Toolworks Official

Zen Model: More than one
Other CNC Info: 0707 1212 3DP

Return to News & Announcements

x