Spindles and Cutters and Chucks - Oh My!

Informational news alerts about Zen Toolworks will be posted on this forum.

Spindles and Cutters and Chucks - Oh My!

Postby calexander » Thu May 19, 2011 5:12 am

We've put together a new Spindle package that sports the well-built ER 11 Chuck!

The Zen Spindle with the ER 11 Chuck

Runout Runout Runout !
On a CNC cutter, this is one of the common topics in the CNC community and has been expressed here in these forums a few times as well.

"What is a runout?" you may ask -- when drilling a hole with any drill or cutter, you may noticed that the hole is sometimes few millimeters larger than the bit. The size of that extra space is called the "runout", and when you are doing some micro-cutting and carving, this can make or break your product. The runout can be affected by many things: the feedrate of your cutting, the spindle RPM, even the amount of volts you give it! But, in the end it comes down to the bit and the chuck. Our machines kits are for general use as most DIY systems are. We give you the best prices because of the balance we maintain on hardware and design costs. The DC Spindle of old was a great spindle, quiet and beautiful. It was a general use spindle with a drill chuck. Most spindles can have the chuck replaced. Even the Zen Spindles has been upgraded by some with the more expensive milling chucks for absolute precision in millimeter cutting. In the CNC field, precision = money! The better precision you want, the more money you're going to spend to get it!

We found this new chuck that balanced our needs and hardened our guarantee of a 0.1mm maximum runout. But between you and me, the tests that this chuck has gone through displayed striking results! Some of those results witnessed were 0.05mm and even a 0.005mm!Of course, results may vary, but we hold strong to our 0.1mm guarantee.

Check out the new DC Spindle Motor with ER 11 chuck and get better cut with more precision for those corners, emboss shapes and thin isolation with circuit board design!
calexander
Zen Toolworks Official

Zen Model: More than one
Other CNC Info: 0707 1212 3DP

Re: Spindles and Cutters and Chucks - Oh My!

Postby Regected » Sun May 22, 2011 12:45 pm

Awesome collet! Xin going to offer a trade up or discount offer for those who wish to upgrade their current Zen spindles? Would be even better if we could buy just the collet adapter to use on our current spindle. It looks like the motor on the ER11 spindle is the same as the current JT0 chuck.
Regected
Normal User

Zen Model: Zen 1212

Re: Spindles and Cutters and Chucks - Oh My!

Postby calexander » Tue May 24, 2011 10:59 pm

Unfortunately, the answer to both questions is - No. :(

I believe that the unit is fully assembled when it gets shipped to us and we wouldn't be able to do anything with just the body. Like most of the ZTW products, we can't lower prices or provide discount trade-ins because we already took the price down as low as we could go without going into the negative.
calexander
Zen Toolworks Official

Zen Model: More than one
Other CNC Info: 0707 1212 3DP

Return to News & Announcements

x