Maker Faire in New York

Informational news alerts about Zen Toolworks will be posted on this forum.

Maker Faire in New York

Postby calexander » Sat Sep 03, 2011 12:17 pm

Maker Faire in New York, Sep. 17 & 18
New York Hall of Science
17 SEP 2011 (10am - 7pm)
18 SEP 2011 (10am - 6pm)

That's right! We're going to be at the Maker Faire in New York, Sep. 17 & 18, all weekend long and we really want to see you there!

We'll be showing all the delightful things that you know about here at Zen Toolworks and then introduce a few up and coming things things that you didn't know about!

The Maker Faire is the premier event for grassroots American innovation. As the World's Largest DIY Festival, this two-day family friendly Faire has something for everyone - a showcase of invention, creativity and resourcefulness and a celebration of the Maker mindset.

Maker Faire Website: http://www.makerfaire.com/
News Announcement: http://www.zentoolworks.com/
calexander
Zen Toolworks Official

Zen Model: More than one
Other CNC Info: 0707 1212 3DP

Re: Maker Faire in New York

Postby johntech » Sat Sep 03, 2011 3:30 pm

I made it to the one in Detroit , Michigan a month or so ago and it was awesome!! I passed out a few flyers for the Zen machines so I hope that brings in some business for Xin. I had hoped to make it to the one in NY but my boss won't let me have the time off. I know the one in Detroit had a lot of people with 3D printer kits and home brew 3D machines. I have heard in the past that the one in NY was better. If you can , post pictures

John
johntech
Forum Moderator

Zen Model: Zen 1212

Postby calexander » Sat Sep 03, 2011 5:30 pm

I plan to take my Panasonic HDC-SD60 to record the event. :)
calexander
Zen Toolworks Official

Postby BoBoPrime » Mon Oct 03, 2011 11:59 am

How did I miss you guys there? I thought I saw just about everything.
Where were you located? Anywhere near the 3D printer "village"?
BoBoPrime
Normal User

Postby johntech » Wed Oct 05, 2011 6:54 pm

calexander wrote:Maker Faire in New York, Sep. 17 & 18
New York Hall of Science
17 SEP 2011 (10am - 7pm)
18 SEP 2011 (10am - 6pm)

That's right! We're going to be at the Maker Faire in New York, Sep. 17 & 18, all weekend long and we really want to see you there!

We'll be showing all the delightful things that you know about here at Zen Toolworks and then introduce a few up and coming things things that you didn't know about!

The Maker Faire is the premier event for grassroots American innovation. As the World's Largest DIY Festival, this two-day family friendly Faire has something for everyone - a showcase of invention, creativity and resourcefulness and a celebration of the Maker mindset.

Maker Faire Website: http://www.makerfaire.com/
News Announcement: http://www.zentoolworks.com/

Hey Clint

Did you and Xin make it to the NY Maker Faire? If so how was it??

John
johntech
Forum Moderator

Postby calexander » Fri Oct 07, 2011 10:02 am

It was fantastic! My camera did not perform as well as I needed it too. Either I had too much coffee or was really nervous -- it was shaking uncontrollably and epilepticly disturbing to watch. I know we're slow getting pictures online. It's hard to find the time to sit down and flip through them, crop, format, and post. Sorry it's taking so long...

But the fair itself was great. It was my first one and now that I know generally what goes on, I'm planning on a much bigger display for next year. I may only make it to the Detroit and NY. Xin is trying to bribe me to go to the San Fransisco fair, but I won't get on planes any more due to the security protocols I severely disagree with. (a story for another time...)
calexander
Zen Toolworks Official

Postby calexander » Fri Oct 07, 2011 10:12 am

BoBoPrime wrote:How did I miss you guys there? I thought I saw just about everything.
Where were you located? Anywhere near the 3D printer "village"?

Believe it or not, we were in the "Crafts" section which was on the other side of the food trucks that were in front of them (by the Comcast cable gazebo). Xin and I talked about the location, we came to the conclusion that we really didn't "fit" in the middle of those areas. Most of those things are really cool to look at, watch and play with. But, they are more fun than useful. I don't think they have found their place in the world of production yet. This is not to say they are not used in a productive environment, but its a craft that is still in its infancy and being explored.
calexander
Zen Toolworks Official

Postby johntech » Fri Oct 07, 2011 8:37 pm

calexander wrote:It was fantastic! My camera did not perform as well as I needed it too. Either I had too much coffee or was really nervous -- it was shaking uncontrollably and epilepticly disturbing to watch. I know we're slow getting pictures online. It's hard to find the time to sit down and flip through them, crop, format, and post. Sorry it's taking so long...

But the fair itself was great. It was my first one and now that I know generally what goes on, I'm planning on a much bigger display for next year. I may only make it to the Detroit and NY. Xin is trying to bribe me to go to the San Fransisco fair, but I won't get on planes any more due to the security protocols I severely disagree with. (a story for another time...)

If you do make it to the Detroit show next year, let me know and I will try and get up there to help you out. It's not that far for me to drive up there!!
johntech
Forum Moderator

Return to News & Announcements

x