New 12 X 12 3D with F8 Lead screw setup and running

Shared stories of success and failures from the novice to the professional.

New 12 X 12 3D with F8 Lead screw setup and running

Postby bkhalerman » Wed Mar 14, 2012 11:56 pm

I am very new at all things CNC related. I received my CNC DIY kit last Saturday around 4:30 pm and had all the mechanical components setup by the end of the night. It was an enjoyable experience.

Things got a bit more challenging when it came to wiring everything up. I found a lot of help in the forum and with other videos on YouTube. I have a lot of questions still and will continue to learn as I continue to practice.

Here is a link to a video I made showing my setup and talking a bit about modifications and general setup. Please feel free to positively criticize my setup. As I said, I am new at this. I love to learn and enjoy a challenge so I hope I will pick all of this up sooner than later :) . Please forgive the horrible video :roll:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F7kkwTh4Vx0
bkhalerman
Normal User

Zen Model: Zen 1212
Other CNC Info: F8 3D

Re: New 12 X 12 3D with F8 Lead screw setup and running

Postby Xin » Thu Mar 15, 2012 12:43 pm

Thank you for sharing this.

This is a good way to make the gantry more rigid for milling on our 3D version(with taller gantry). If possible, I am also interested to see how much improvement this can make on final results.

Thank you again, good demo.

Xin
zentoolworks@gmail.com
Xin
Zen Toolworks Official

Zen Model: More than one

Re: New 12 X 12 3D with F8 Lead screw setup and running

Postby bkhalerman » Thu Mar 15, 2012 1:56 pm

When I get time, I will test the same Gcode with and without the support to show the improvement. :D
bkhalerman
Normal User

Zen Model: Zen 1212
Other CNC Info: F8 3D

Return to Stories of Success & Failure

x